Sago Mini is an award winning company that creates fun apps and physical toys for preschoolers. With a growing team of 60+ staff we are looking for an experienced IT System Administrator with a broad set of technical skills to be our IT office hero. You will be the go-to for all things IT related.
- Triage and troubleshoot staff software and hardware issues.
- Support the internal office network infrastructure (WiFi APs, switches, routers, firewalls, site-to-site VPN, NAS, VOIP, etc) and other IT hardware (printers, meeting room video conferencing equipment, phones/tablets, etc).
- Manage the various SAAS's used by the team.
- Collaborate with the Dir. of Engineering to establish IT best practices and lead the charge in implementing them.
- Work with our operations/finance team to plan/purchase IT hardware and software.
- Own our data backup, retention, and disaster recovery policies.
- Create easy to understand documentation for our IT systems and processes.
- Research and rollout new hardware/software that will help the team be more efficient.
- Exceptional communication skills, written and verbal with a customer-focused mindset.
- Experience organizing, planning, and executing projects.
- 5+ years of IT experience working in a mid-sized (50-150 people) team. Experience working at a startup would be an asset.
- Extensive experience troubleshooting Mac hardware/software issues and also familiar with Windows/PCs.
- Comfortable with a variety of SAAS (G Suite, Slack, Dropbox, Asana, AWS, 1Password, GitHub, JIRA, etc).
- Comfortable with networking fundamentals (TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, etc) and network hardware typically found in mid-size offices. We use Cisco switches, Ruckus Wifi APs, pfSense routers/firewalls, and Synology NAS’s.
- A degree in IT or a resume full of practical experience.
You’ll love working here if you:
- Get energized when you solve problems for other people.
- Are organized, obsessed with the details, and know how to take an experience from good to excellent.
- Eager to learn new things and are not afraid to experiment and fail.
- Take ownership and thrive in a fast-paced, agile, product development environment.
If this sounds like a job for you, then don’t be shy - reach out and say ‘Hello’. Send us a cover letter and tell us about the work that you're proud of, your hobbies, and what excites you about the idea of working at Sago Mini.
Sago Mini is an award-winning company devoted to play. With over 40 million downloads, 35 apps and a line of physical toys, Sago Mini brings thoughtful design to life for preschoolers and parents worldwide. Based in Toronto, Sago Mini is a subsidiary of Toca Boca, the No. 1 mobile-first kids brand in the App Store. Both companies are part of Spin Master Corp., a global children’s entertainment company that creates, designs and manufactures a diversified portfolio of innovative toys, games, products and entertainment properties. We hire humble, collaborative, and ambitious people who care about doing great work. Sago Mini is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company.